#Chicken with Cream Sauce
|Safflower Oil||2-3 Tbsp|
|Onion (large, yellow)||1/2|
|Gold Potatoes||1 lb|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||~8 oz|
- 12” Cast iron skillet & spatula
- A knife and cutting surface
- Small bowl or pint glass
Mis En Place
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Dice the potatoes into 1cm to 1inch cubes.
- Half the onion and cut into 1/2inch pieces.
- Smash the garlic to remove the skin.
- Scramble the eggs in a small bowl or pint glass.
- Add half the safflower oil, onions, and garlic to the skillet.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onions start to sweat.
- Add the chorizo and pototoes and cook on the stovetop until the chorizo is about done.
- Pour the eggs over the skillet and stick the skillet in the oven for 5 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Top the skillet with cheese, and place back in the oven until the cheese melts (~3-5 minutes).
- Serves 4-8.
- Top with your favorite salsa.